Administrative and Special Events Support
The Kansas City Symphony relies on an incredible corps of volunteers to bring the music to our region.
Special Events Volunteers
- Work with Symphony staff to coordinate on-site logistics of special events such as event set-up, greeting and directing guests, registration tasks, vendor and musician coordination, and event clean-up.
- Requirements: Professional and friendly demeanor; comfort with working alone after receiving instruction from staff.
- Evening availability is necessary for events and will typically require business attire.
For more information on these and other volunteer opportunities, please contact Manager of Volunteer Engagement, Karen Hardcastle at (816) 218-2616.
Kansas City Symphony Office Support
- Assist with projects related to the administration of the daily operations of the Kansas City Symphony. Duties may include filing, mailing preparation, making phone calls, etc.
- Requirements: Confidence in computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel are beneficial, but not required. Commitments vary depending on the season and volunteer's availability, but must be able to work during Symphony office hours (9am-5pm).